Sponsored by COST association, Inria, and Persyval-Lab
March 19-21, 2018
Praz sur Arly, in the French Alps
The second edition of the school on Runtime Verification, sponsored by COST Action IC1402 ArVi, Inria, and Persyval-Lab, will provide a balance on theoretical and practical aspects of Runtime Verification: In the theoretical aspect, while all the core concepts will be thoroughly covered, participants will also be exposed to cutting edge advances in the field. At the same time, the summer school will be hands-on and students will follow up with practical work so that by the end of the school, participants will have their own basic runtime verification tool.
For PhD students and researchers entering the field of RV, the school will be a great opportunity to get to know other people working in the area, to meet distinguished scholars, and to establish contacts that may lead to research collaborations in the future. For people coming from industry, the school will provide an exposition of the major challenges as well as possible solutions to the application of RV in industry, an exposition to some of the major tools, as well as the basics of RV tool-building.
The following experts on Runtime Verification have confirmed that they will be lecturing at the school.
- Wolfgang Ahrendt (Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden).
- Christian Colombo (University of Malta, Malta).
- Alexandre Donze (DECYPHIR Inc., France).
- Adrian Francalenza (University of Malta, Malta).
- Nikolai Kosmatov (CEA, France).
- Martin Leucker (University of Lubeck, Germany).
- Joao Lourenco (University of Lisbon, Portugal).
- Gordon Pace (University of Malta, Malta).
- Laurence Pierre (University of Grenoble, France).
- César Sanchez (IMDEA Madrid, Spain).
- Gerardo Schneider (Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden).
- Scientific organisation: Yliès Falcone, Univ. Grenoble Alpes, Inria.
- Logistics organisation: Inria Grenoble.
- Foundations of runtime verification.
- Monitoring Cyber-Physical Systems.
- Stream Runtime Verification.
- Runtime Verification for concurrency errors.
- Runtime Verification for Decentralised and Distributed Systems.
- Combination of Runtime Verification with Static Analysis.
- Implementation of Runtime Verification Monitor.
- FPGA-based monitoring.
- Hardware monitoring.
Titles, Abstracts, and Slides
Available on this page.
Fees include participation fees to the winter school, accommodation in a comfortable apartment in the resort hosting the winter school (from Sunday 18 to Wednesday 21), breakfasts, lunches, and dinners.
The below fees are indicative and are subject to minor changes. Final fees will be determined by the end of January.
with accommodation in a single room: 540 euro
with accommodation in a twin room (to be shared with another participant): 420 euro per person
with accommodation in a single room: 660 euro
with accommodation in a twin room (to be shared with another participant): 540 euro per person
A limited number of grants will be available to students conducting research in countries participating to the COST action. The amount of a grant will be approximately 200 euro. Students willing to apply to the grant should indicate in the registration form how attending the school will support their research on runtime verification.
Location and Venue
See the RV Summit Webpage.
Our social event will be held Tuesday afternoon (departure at 1:30pm sharp).
We will have an outing to the Aiguille du Midi (3842m), near Chamonix.
– see the video in the above link
Please bring with you: warm, water-proof and comfy clothes, warm socks, gloves, sun glasses, small backpack, solar cream.
See the RV Summit Webpage.
In addition, students willing to apply to a grant from the COST action should fill the form available at:
The school can only welcome a limited number of participants. A first come first served policy will be applied once the maximum capacity of school is reached.
Sud Congrès Conseil
162 Cours du Maréchal Gallieni
33 400 Talence
Contact : Davina Martinez